Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hear My Case

My Father, you are my creator, 
You know exactly how I am functioning 
and you know completely what I am thinking.  
I have nothing to hide from you. 
Please don't be angry with me,
if I am still a very spiritually immature son of yours. 
Please nurture me with your spiritual milk,
and walk me through this toddler stage. 
I need your help more than any other time 
because my heart is in dismay, 
my eyes are covered with dust,
and my foot doesn't know the next place to tread. 
Lord, deliver me from my transgressions please. 
I sinned, am sinning against you consistently.
But before you scold me and discipline me, 
I beg you to hear my case.
You have full control of the judgement
Yet at least give me the chance to appeal.
I know you know every single one of my thoughts
But I want to cry out with my own mouth.
May I exhaust every part of my body after I empty myself.
Because I know your strength shall refill me.
Hear me, cleanse me, mold me, send me.
At the end, I shall sing "Hallelujah"

2 comments:

Philip Hallstrom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philip Hallstrom said...

But what is your case? What is your appeal? You asked God to hear it, but what is the argument? I want to hear it too!