Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Cholesterol Improvement

Last year January I had my cholesterol checked. It was:

HDL 39
LDL 220
The LDL/HDL ratio: 5.6

At that time I started on Lipitor, and it did great things, but it caused pain in my joints, so I stopped. Instead I pursued a lacto-ovo-vegetarian lifestyle, I started taking red rice yeast as a supplement, and it crossed my mind to exercise a few time.

I had a new test yesterday to see if their was improvement:

HDL 55
LDL 149
LDL/HDL ratio: 2.7

I am very happy to see this improvement without taking prescription medicine. Thank God!

I believe that I can do even better with more consistency in diet and exercise. Let's see what it is in July of this year.

1 comment:

Maria Kirby said...

I'm so glad to hear your cholesterol has improved through diet (and exercise). My mom was able to lower her cholesterol the same kind of way. But it requires a lot more discipline than popping a pill. This seems like it is a spiritually maturing experience for you.