Sunday, May 18, 2008

New Series on Lies

I want to start a new blog series. I have really been struggling recently. A friend suggested that I systematically identify the lies that I believe and then find a corresponding truth from Scripture to use a weapon against that lie. I think that this is a good idea. I hypothesize that there are others who also struggle with the same lies that I do, so I thought that I would publish my results on this blog. Here are some assumptions I am making:
  • Lie isolation will be iterative. Lie k + 1 might look terribly similar to lie k, but I list k + 1 again because it is closer to the kernel; or because lie k really is a conglomerate of several lies, and k + 1 is one of the components.
  • The lies are in order neither of root==>fruit nor fruit==>root. They are just in order of isolation.
  • Not all reports will be equally profound or have the same potential to liberate. If I have the pressure to write something profound, I will not be able to write.
If something I write encourages you, please let me know.

No comments: